Post by LarryLeadfoot on Feb 8, 2013 4:53:04 GMT -8
This is a list of the rules to follow if you wish to be an aggressive driver… otherwise known by the endearing terms “control freak”, and even, at times, “asshole”.
1. If someone slows his car down right in front of you, blast your horn and flash your headlights. Everyone knows that people should under no circumstances slow down in front of you while you are driving.
2. If someone is driving only the speed limit in the left lane, get on his bumper and flash your lights. And if he still won’t move over, go around him and flip him the bird. Everyone knows that people should not be using the left lane when YOU want it, especially when you want it all for yourself.
If you are in the fast lane (otherwise known as the passing lane), and you're not doing 10-20 mph over the limit, you should not be in that lane. That's the best way to get someone to come up on you.
You are sooo wrong on so many levels. First of all, the term "fast lane" was born in the concrete jungle. It started out when signs were posted to "keep right, except to pass". Well that made people think then that they were given permission to exceed the speed limit if you were passing, because that is usually the only way to pass.
1) There is nothing in the Rules of the Road books (that I have seen, anyway) that acknowledges that the leftmost lane is the "fast lane".
2) The leftmost lane is not ALWAYS subject to the "keep right except to pass" law.
3) How do you justify suggesting that people break the law by speeding? Is it that these are laws that you don't like, so they are to be ignored?
4) If a person "comes up on you" while he is driving, he is creating a very dangerous situation for himself and for the person he is assaulting.
I do not wish to be molested by aggressive drivers while on the road. If I am not driving the way you want me to, TOUGH! GO AROUND ME. If there is not room to go around me, maybe it's due to heavy traffic. That is no reason for you to become a road rager. Simply communicate with me that you wish to pass, by flicking your lights. I will do what I can to accommodate you. Do NOT blast your horn, or climb up on my bumper!
But if you are trying to tell me to move over because you want the lane for yourself, then you really need a change in attitude. I have a camera, and I have a cell phone, and I WILL call the cops if you put me of my loved ones in danger.
I was driving yesterday, and this clown behind me got angry because I slowed down a little (to look at a street sign, to see where I was), and it inconvenienced him. All I could do was slowly shake my head, letting him know that his antics were not appreciated.